Development Physical Education for All Children-5th Edition With Web Resource: Theory Into Practice
A book that has long been a standard for developmental physical education returns in a new, thoroughly updated edition with a sharpened focus on preparing tomorrow’s physical educators to deliver developmentally appropriate lessons and activities for children in pre-K through grade 5. Developmental Physical Education for All Children, now in its fifth edition and available
A book that has long been a standard for developmental physical education returns in a new, thoroughly updated edition with a sharpened focus on preparing tomorrow’s physical educators to deliver developmentally appropriate lessons and activities for children in pre-K through grade 5.
Developmental Physical Education for All Children, now in its fifth edition and available in both print and e-book versions, takes a student-focused, comprehensive approach in preparing future teachers to create programs that enable children to gain the knowledge, skills, and dispositions vital to leading a physically active lifestyle.
This new edition is the first in more than a decade, with revisions and updates that make it like a brand-new book—one that maintains its solid foundations and instruction while equipping teachers for success in the 21st century.
How This Text Prepares Teachers
Developmental Physical Education for All Children, Fifth Edition, features the following benefits:
• Shows teachers how to translate child development theory and research from the psychomotor, cognitive, affective, and fitness domains into practice
• Offers teachers the understanding they need to create developmentally appropriate lessons that align with the new SHAPE America National Standards for Physical Education with grade-level outcomes, assessments, and instructions on implementing learning goals for students in pre-K through grade 5
• Provides multiple standards-based movement experiences for pre-K through grade 5 learners that include movement tasks and extensions, scaled learning environments, skill cues, practice strategies, teaching style choices, and formative assessments aligned with goals
• Supplies learning goal blueprints that integrate specialized skills, movement concepts, and tactics for developmental games, dance, and gymnastics
Future and current teachers will learn the research and theory behind this developmentally sound approach, which emphasizes movement skills and increased physical competence based on the developmental levels of pre-K through fifth-grade students. The first half of the book covers the learner, the movement content, the learning environment, and the instructional design; the second half provides detailed standards-based learning experiences, which are now organized by developmental level.
The concluding section offers two chapters on professionalism in the 21st century, giving teachers a conceptual framework to prepare and implement a developmental, standards-based scope and sequence for pre-K through grade 5 physical education and offering advice on staying current, being professionally involved, and advocating for comprehensive school physical activity.
Developmental Physical Education for All Children also provides a robust lineup of online ancillaries:
• A student web resource with reproducible forms that can be printed along with learning aids from the book and additional learning activities, some of which are enhanced by more than 20 video clips that demonstrate concepts in action
• An instructor guide that features in-class activities, answers to chapter review questions, chapter overviews, and the “Big Ideas” from each chapter
• A test package featuring more than 445 questions from which teachers can create their own quizzes
• A presentation package offering more than 246 PowerPoint slides that highlight the key points while offering essential visual elements to augment understanding
Equipped to Provide High-Quality Education
The result of this comprehensive overhaul of a standard classic is that both future and current teachers will be prepared and equipped to provide high-quality developmental physical education that can help children be physically active now and throughout their lives.
- Human Kinetics Publishers